Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

What does check engine light mean and how can it be clear on

Customer Question

What does check engine light mean and how can it be clear on MDX acura
Category: Acura
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

The check engine light comes on when the ECU has detected a problem in one of the monitored systems, this in turn sets a code which turns on the light. The system first has to be scanned using a diagnostic tool found at any shop, this will retrieve the codes and the codes will have the definition of why the light came on.