Dan
Dan, Field Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Re Honda GV 100 on a motor barrow.It will start easily and

Re Honda GV 100 on a motor barrow.
It will start easily and stop after about 5mins. I then have to wait another 5 to 10 mins when it will usually start again and run properly until my task is complete.
Usually another thirty mins.
it is essential that I give it the 5 to.
10 mins rest after the initial "stop"
Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I still have a problem, I've been waiting 24 hours for a reply !

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am still waiting for a response to my question of November 4th for which I have paid £36

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I have stated before, I am still awaiting a reply to my question. After all, I have paid £36 for this "Service"

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** see that this question was posted in the wrong category and should be in small engines. This is likely why you have not gotten a response from a small engine technician unfortunately. I sent in to try to get this in the correct category for you and luckily I can answer questions in both categories and would like to try to help you with this. If your fuel lines, filter, and carb are all new and the carburator and choke are adjusted properly, you could have a problem with compression or in your valves. Check your compression next. Also see if you are loosing spark when this is stalling out or if it is in fact a fuel problem which it does sound like. Try recleaning the carb bowl and see if there is any sediment. If so, clean out the tank and try again with fresh fuel. Let me know and i will do what I can to help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Dan. I have not inspected the valve gear but the issue always seems to come back to the fact that if i give it about 5mins "rest" ! after its initial stall, it will continute to work satisfactorily for the rest of the session . So, as I have said before, it will start "first time" from cold. Stop after 5mins. and then, if it will restart, its after its rest, and continue to behave properly. Hence I have always come back to thinking it may be an initial build up of air bubbles which need time to dissipate.Any further suggestions welcome.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the updated information. When it stalls does it stall immediately like it would be electrical and maybe a loss of spark? Or does it sputter like its a loss of fuel? check the electrical wiring for any bare wires, etc. It could possibly be something grounding out or even the coil overheating. Look for loose connections as well.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Usually if I keep the revs up it will not splutter, but occasionally it has stopped suddenly, as if switched off.However the very fact that once I have overcome its "first" stop, after five mins, it will, as stated, operate satisfacorly for the rest of the session. Hence my thinking that it could be a "one off" build up of air bubbles.

But, again, why always the five mins stop after a perfect start ?

I have however given up with it now and cannot locate a local Honda Agent who has any experience of the GV100. Furthermore, I am told they are obsolete, so presumably I shall not be able to buy another one?

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
It could be a number of things unfortunately. I did locate the manual that goes over timing adjustments, carburetor adjustments and valves. Click here.

I would run through these adjustments and checks covered in the manual. I hope this helps
Dan, Field Technician
Experience: 17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.