Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer
23822421

I have a Galexy 7 and am now locked out due to wrong password.

Customer Question

I have a Galexy 7 and am now locked out due to wrong password. How do I unlock it? It said it would send to my registered emaila address but it did not.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

What do you see on the screen currently?

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Recovery Password Required to Unblock Device. Device Blocked.

If you saw the Forget password button, please tap Forget button and enter your Google/Gmail user name and password to unlock your phone.

If no luck, we will need to reset the device to factory settings and ALL your information will be DELETED. If you want to reset it to factory settings please follow the steps below:

• Make sure tab is turned off. Then press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds to turn it off. After the 10 seconds, release the power button.

• Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” buttons at the same time, when logo appears on the screen release the “Power” button and continue pressing the “Volume” button

• When recovery screen appears use “Volume Up/Down” buttons to navigate and select “wipe data / Factory reset” by pressing the “Home” or “Power” button (Depends on the Galaxy Tab model).

• If it works, please come back here and leave me a positive feedback (I will show you the rating buttons). I get credited by justanswer.com only when you leave me a good rating.

If you don't come back and don't rate me positively (Good or Excellent rating is greatly appreciated), then I won't be paid by justanswer.com at all. I don't get any salary here, I am paid only by positively rated questions. Don't forget to click Submit after you select the rating, please.

If it doesn't work, please come back as well and click "Reply to Expert" so we can continue troubleshooting. Please do NOT rate me negatively, just click "Reply to Expert" if you are NOT satisfied.

Engineer John C.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your answer did not help. I had to erase the data off the phone but was not able to unlock to save the data which is what the question was. Thank you.

I am sorry about that, however I warned you ans stated "ALL your information will be DELETED" before the procedure.

If you don't remember your password, then this is the only way to be able to use the phone again.

If you are satisfied with my effort, please come back here and leave me a feedback (Good or Excellent is very appreciated), then click Submit. It is extremely important for me to receive your positive rating.

Please do not shoot the messenger.

Engineer John C.
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry that I was not clear on my response. As you know, the phone already had the "data erased" option which I did by just pressing the O.K. button. My question to you was "how can I save my data?" Your response was of no help. What you stated was not what I needed and not what I had asked. I am not satisfied nor disatisfied with what you said--it just was of no help.

I am sorry but your original question was, and I quote:

"I have a Galexy 7 and am now locked out due to wrong password. How do I unlock it? It said it would send to my registered email address but it did not."

Now I have a negative feedback left by you in my records.

Please let me know your thoughts...