PPC
PPC, Smartphone Support & Repair
Experience:  Professional Tech & IT Support, Since 1996.
68754201

Why cant i connect my galaxy tab 2 10.1 to my tv

Customer Question

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

Adam

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still Waiting
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will wait to see if you can find the answer

Expert:  PPC replied 4 years ago.

I may be able to help you, but could use more information. Are there any prompts on the tablet screen once you've made the connection between the tablet and the TV - do you hear a system sound when you connect the cable(s) to the Galaxy? Also (and this may seem obvious) but have you switched your TV input to the HDMI input that you've connected the cable to (HDMI1, HDMI2, etc.)? Lastly, what brand and model of pigtail connector are you using between the tablet and the HDMI cable?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There are no promps on the tablet, no system sound , also done connection to HDMI on the television. And turned tv on to HDMI. Im using a Samsung tv out cable with 3 pins ,also bought HDTv adapter p30 pin both of these are Samsung, e

Expert:  PPC replied 4 years ago.

That 30p adapter / pigtail requires an external power source. You have to connect the power / data cable that came with the Galaxy to the HDTV adapter for it to function correctly.

So, you should have the connection on one side of the adapter going to the tablet and on the other side you'll have the original tablet cable connected to a USB power adapter (same as you use to charge the tablet from a wall outlet) and finally, the HDMI cable plugged into the port beside the power adapter.

Let me know if that works.

Expert:  PPC replied 4 years ago.
Please accept my answer if this solved your problem. Thanks : )
Expert:  PPC replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  PPC replied 4 years ago.