Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

tabll wont power up after having it plugged into car charger,

Customer Question

tabll wont power up after having it plugged into car charger, seen a red x go over sign twice etc
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 3 years ago.
Welcome!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

What is the brand of your Tablet?
When did you purchase your Tablet?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

GALAXY 11 7 INCH , TODD

Hi Kev,

Thank you for your reply.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

Sometimes your Tab can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.

Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your Tab.

If that doesn't work, please try the procedure below:
1. Press and hold the Volume UP and Power button at the same time for exactly 15 seconds.
2. After 15 seconds, release the power button.

If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the Tab into the charger for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold Power (slide and hold) button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the Tab to reboot.

Please try those solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI TODD, sorry non of the fixes worked?

Kev, if none of the previous solutions works please try the next troubleshooting step. The next troubleshooting step is hard/factory reset.

Performing a hard reset will DELETE ALL DATA and reset the tablet back to the state before you turned on the device for the first time. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your SD memory card, such as music or photos.

To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps:
1. Turn the power off.
2. Press and Hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons. Use the Volume keys to select Recovery Console then press the Power key.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset".
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset". Confirm using Power button.
6. Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
* Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select "reboot system now". Confirm using Power button.
* Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

Please let me know if that works.

Regards,
Todd