Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

My daughter bought me a nook for my birthday last week, bu

Customer Question

My daughter bought me a 'nook' for my birthday last week, but I am having difficulty connecting to nook. I am looking at a screen on nook which says connect to AOLBB-0879F6 then underneath this heading is signal strength -excellent and security WPA/WPA2 PSK The last two boxes on the screen say 'forget and connect. HELP
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 4 years ago.

Hello Ron! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the exact model of your nook?

What happens when you select "Connect"?

Can you please click on the website below, and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=4daa752c-8607-4221-b5b4-5adac594492e

Can you please go to that website in Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon), not AOL, or Firefox or Chrome, etc.?

Or go to the shorter website below in Internet Explorer:

http://tinyurl.com/n6gc2tc

Put the above website in the address bar on the top in Internet Explorer, then press the Enter key:

graphic

, and allow it to run, and try any other option it gives you as needed.

Please only reply via this web page.

Edit: What happens when you go to that website? It looks like you are away, so I'm canceling the website link for now; please reply back via this web page when you are available to continue. Thank you,

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name isXXXXX can help you with your question.

Once you enter the wireless password, your Nook should connect and you should see a "next" or a right facing arrow. When doing the setup on an Android device, next is the equivalent to OK. Let me know if that helps and if you have additional questions.

Mike