BestComputerExpert
BestComputerExpert, Other
Experience:  Android Tech
62669195

Hullo, my samsung galaxy tablet, not a phone. can not pick

Customer Question

Hullo, my samsung galaxy tablet, not a phone. can not pick up the wi-fi signal, I have tried all the settings etc but keep getting the message unable to scan networks how do I resolve this please? It has worked upto a few days ago...
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  BestComputerExpert replied 3 years ago.
Hi my name is Jeremy, I would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

It sounds like the wifi configuration ".conf" file may be corrupted on the tablet. A recovery would be the only way to restore this. If you have anything important on the tabet let me know, we can download a program to backup the pictures, etc. However if there is nothing important we can simply do a factory reset on the tablet. Any purchases you have made through the Android Market would be free to re-install since you have already paid for them.

Here is what we need to do:

On the Home screen tap Settings (or press the menu key and choose Settings)

Tap Privacy

Tap Factory data reset

Follow the prompts to complete the reset then once it finishes (about 5-10 mins) go ahead and try to connect to the wifi.

If you run into any issues i'll be here to help you in any way I can

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated)

Register Here
(To rate my help click the smiley faces below then press the submit button)

Also if you need any Android Tablet / computer help in the future, you can return to this chat anytime day or night (I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week)

Thanks again for all you patience