Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

My bluetooth was wkorking fine. Now my partner has same phone

Customer Question

My bluetooth was wkorking fine. Now my partner has same phone ( galaxy s3 ) it wont bluetooth anything over. I have an eye that pops up and dissapears, now i have N with what appears to be wi fi swirl on the bottom left of it!!!! Please help
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is Nick and I will help you today.

I am sorry that your Galaxy S3 phone is not wokring with Bluetooth. Please do the following steps to reset the phone's settings:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Application Manager -> ALL (swipe to the right to select ALL)
  3. Select Media Storage. Select Clear data.
  4. Go back to ALL and select Bluetooth. Select Clear data.
  5. Go back to ALL and select Google Services Framework.
  6. Select Clear data.
  7. Shutdown your device and turn it back on.
  8. Test your phone with bluetooth again. See if it will work or not.

If still not workingl, we will have to Factory Reset the phone and test again to see if this is a hardware issue or software. Factory Reset will resolve most software issues.

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nick sorry to only just get back to u got very poorly ( i do a lot ) very quickly so many apologies. I have now done all u suggested with no hapy resolution unfortunately. I am very concerned and worried if we di a factory reset that i will lose everything off phone e.g pictures videos of now passed on animals and friends, all things i have set on my phone all downloads, personalised rung tones etc. These are things( esp photos and videos) i cannot afford to lose as have no others the same. I wld be mortified and so so gutted if i lost them. I f there is a way to keepall as is to do this factory reset then i wld welcome any other help u can advise. I dont expect a reply tonight and offer my apologies now if i dont get back to u straight away.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Alison,

You can use Kies to backup all your photos, videos, contacts, messages, and files to computer. Click HERE or go to www.samsung.com/us/Kies to download and install Kies 2.6.

After installed Kies, connect your phone to computer. Open Kies. Then you will be able to transfer files, photos, videos, and sync/backup contacts, messages, calendar. Make a FULL Backup for your phone.

When all done, Factory Reset the phone as follows:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Backup & Reset
  3. Select Factory data reset
  4. Select Reset phone
  5. Select Erase everything
  6. Your device will reset which will take about 2-3 minutes.
  7. Set it up again.
  8. Test your issue if it is resolved or still have the same issue with Bluetooth.

Connect your phone to computer and select Restore. Select the Backup file that you did earlier to restore your phone back to where it was.

Nick