Answers by Eric
Answers by Eric, Developer
Experience:  Award winning Android Developer&part of the CyanogenDev team
57442719

I cant add picture or ringtone to contacts, Ive followed

Customer Question

I can't add picture or ringtone to contacts, I've followed instructions but when I press edit button it isn't bringing anything up
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

First of all sorry for the late response. I just logged in and found your question on the question list.

What is the full brand and model of your Android device?

What instruction did you follow?

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Samsung Galaxy Ace model GT-S5830i

I followed the instructions from on-line manual, but when you get to edit it doesn't bring anything else up

Hi Anne,

Thank you for your reply.

Just to be sure, when you enter desired contact what is the button you press to get "Edit" option?

Thanks,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

left hand bottom one it then brings up contact name phone no and e-mail but nothing else

That's strange.

What happens when you try to create new contact? Do you have more option? (IM, ringtone etc.)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no just the same

When you try to create contact you should have this on the screen (check the picture below please)

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Do you have it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no the + sign is at the top left of my contacts listbut when I press it, it just brings up

name

phone no

e-mail address

Thank you for addition information Anne.

When you press + sign, do you have option to select where to save contact?

Pop up should appear with this option "Save new contacts to". Do you have that option? If yes, what is the option you have select?

Thank you very much for your patience. This is very strange issue with Galaxy Ace cell phone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no nothing at all

Anne,

There is something wrong with the software on your phone. I have Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i in my hands and all options I have listed above are on the phone.

Are you sure that your phone is Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i?

Can you please check at the back sticker under battery for phone model?
Remove the back cover and battery from your phone and look on the label. Your model number will be printed somewhere on this label.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it's definetly that number

Sorry Anne, I'm out of ideas.

Let me open your question, so other Professional can try to assist you. As soon as another Professional is available he will contact you. You will receive an email notification when an Professional replies to you.

Thanks for using our service!

Best Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for trying!!

You're welcome.