Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

I have broken the screen on my samsung galaxy s2 and I stupidly

Customer Question

I have broken the screen on my samsung galaxy s2 and I stupidly haven't moved my photographs onto Kies and I don't want to loose them. When I connect to Kies it picks my mobile up but then asks me to unlock it as it is locked which obviously I am unable to do. How can I bypass this so I am able to move my photos onto Kies or a different programme?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is Nick and I will help you today.

I am sorry that you are having a broken phone and now cannot transfer your photos. First I would recommend you check if your phone has a micro SD card. Use the SD card reader and connect to your computer. See if your photos are on here to transfer over.

If no SD card on the phone, you will have to bring your phone to a local phone repair. They will get a screen to swap to your phone. Unlock and restore the photos. Then swap the screen back. They will charge for service and it will be varied based on your local rates. I would estimate about 30-60 Pounds. Unfortunately, this is the only solution to this issue.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. I am not very happy that this is an answer I already knew and blindingly obvious and was looking for a more technical answer hence why I paid the £22.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Hannah for your reply.

Unfortunately, because of security feature on your phone, there is no way we can unlock the phone by software. Have to use the screen to unlock. That is why we need to swap with another screen to unlock and transfer your photos.

Nick