cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Analyst
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT with over 14 years experience.
20109878

I have just purchased an Archos 97 Cobalt. When I try to start

Customer Question

I have just purchased an Archos 97 Cobalt. When I try to start it, Iget a black & white scrolling screen with no touch control, and no switch control ! How do I proceed?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
Turn on device by holding down the Vol and the + sign and press the power button. The recovery screen is displayed. Use Vol + and - to switch between options and the power button to validate your selection.
Select repair system and then press power key
In the Repair system screen, select force touchscreen calibration and press the power key
Press power key again to confirm your selection. Then put your product on a flat surface
The calibration will start. Do not touch the product until the calibration is complete.
IMPORTANT: If you do not put the device on a flat surface the touchscreen calibration will not be successful and you will have to redo everything back over again.
Once it is finished press the power key and then the recovery screen will be displayed.
Select No. Your device will reboot and you should be able to start using your Archos.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 years ago.
Just checking to see if my instruction above have corrected your ARchos 97? Please keep me posted replying to this post. Thank you and have a Happy Holiday.