DroidZombie
DroidZombie, Fixing Droids since GingerBread
Experience:  I've customized numerous devices, installed custom roms, and even built roms, kernels and apps. Need help?
76391150

Updated my s3 cant find my contacts it keeps saying updati

Customer Question

Updated my s3 cant find my contacts it keeps saying updating.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Daniel B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you.
I assume you are seeing this issue since updating android OS to 4.3 ?
Have you reset the device since this update ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sno havnt reset nothing. Cant reply to txts because the phone will freeze. If someone rings cant even save their name to my contacts.

Expert:  Daniel B. replied 2 years ago.
ok, please switch your device off then back on again to start with and let me know if the issue persists after that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Problem still not resolved. Think il have to go to shop to see what they say.

Expert:  DroidZombie replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be helping you now.

I have a couple questions before we continue.

1. Do you have your contacts saved to your Google account or through the Samsung contacts app?

2. Have you tried to roll back your firmware through Kies?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dont think so about question 1 and I havnt tried question 2.

Alright. Often during the upgrading process your old data can get in the way and prevent the upgrade from completing.

What I'd like you to do is put the phone into recovery. To do this turn your phone off, then back on and hold down the volume-up and home buttons at the same time.

A screen should come up with several options. Use the volume buttons to scroll down to the clear cache option and push the home button to select it. Then reboot your phone and let me know if the upgrade finishes correctly.

Don't worry, you won't lose any data.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing is happening. Is the home button the one in middle.

Yes the home button is the one at the bottom of the screen in the middle. Hold that plus volume-up while you turn the phone on then follow the instructions above.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is saying no recent apps.

Your phone must be off first and you have to be holding down those two buttons by the time the phone vibrates on startup. If the phone gets to the lock screen you didn't do it correctly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Scrolled down to clear cache option. Rebooted n still nothing.

Did the phone say the cache had been cleared? If you're not sure please try again as the only remaining options are to do a factory reset or roll back your firmware. Both of which will lose you your data.

If clearing the cache for a second time doesn't work, are you willing to try a factory reset? You will lose all data on the phone and have to re-input all your contacts.

If so, simply go back into recovery and select the factory reset option.