DroidZombie
DroidZombie, Fixing Droids since GingerBread
Experience:  I've customized numerous devices, installed custom roms, and even built roms, kernels and apps. Need help?
76391150

my Samsung S4 is block from using my malaysian sim card, how

Customer Question

my Samsung S4 is block from using my malaysian sim card, how can i unblock this
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  DroidZombie replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, my name is Paul and I'll be assisting you.

To help answer your question I first need the model number of your phone. To find it go to settings->about phone. It should begin with GT-i95-- I need the full number.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its GT19505

Ok. This is a little bit complex so make sure you read the whole process first.

Step 1: Launch the Phone app on your Galaxy S4, and dial in: *#0011#

Step 2: Press the Menu button followed by the Back key. Then, hit the Menu button again and select KEY INPUT. Enter 1 and press the OK button to enter ServiceMode.

Step 3: Press Menu one more time and tap back again. This will pull up the Main Menu for ServiceMode. Tap [1] UMTS.

Step 4: Now select [1]DEBUG SCREEN, followed by [6] PHONE CONTROL.

Step 5: From the next screen, pick [6] NETWORK LOCK.

Step 6: You’ll get three options. Hit the one that says [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF.

Step 7: Now, you need to get back to Main Menu. To do this, hit the Menu button followed by the Back key. In Main Menu, now pick [6]COMMON, and then [6] NV REBUILD.

Step 8: The phone will tell you that a Golden Backup exists. Tap [4] Restore Back-up.

Your device will now go through a series of “conditions”, where it will first freeze, then get on a black screen with Blue LED on and both capacitive buttons on, after which it will reboot automatically. The whole cycle might take a couple of minutes, so be patient. Once it powers back on, it’s network unlocked, permanently.