Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a samsung galaxy camera 21x It has frozen on booting

Customer Question

I have a samsung galaxy camera 21x
It has frozen on booting and shows the black screen with white SAMSUNG wording. I have taken the battery out and restarted, also rebooted with the minus key depressed. What else can I do to reboot it.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the battery from the camera.

Then hold the power button down for 30 seconds, and release.

Once done, put the battery back in and turn on the Camera and tell me if it now starts correctly please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard,

Done that … same result, it starts to boot, I get the chime and the screen with the stars and child with telescope then it goes to a black screen with a white samsung logo.. and sticks there

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Bridget

Can you give me the exact model number of the device?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sure its the Samsung Galaxy Camera

Model no EK GC 110 white model

purchased in July

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

I want to remove the firmware as the cause of the issue, and to do this we need to reinstall it.

This will return the camera to new.

To do this.

Turn on Samsung Galaxy Camera

Press and hold together Power Button and slide Zoom + for several seconds

If the menu appear in LCD screen, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset with Zoom + or Zoom -, press Power Button to ok

Let this complete and when it has, then restart and check if the camera now starts.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard,

Is there any way of doing this without losing the images? I do not have a memory card in the camera but was using the internal memory… not so clever now.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No sorry Bridget, as there is no way to get the images from the camera when it is in this state (they will actually already be corrupted)