DroidZombie
DroidZombie, Fixing Droids since GingerBread
Experience:  I've customized numerous devices, installed custom roms, and even built roms, kernels and apps. Need help?
76391150

I downloaded kingoapp for rooting my samsung galaxy express

Customer Question

I downloaded kingoapp for rooting my samsung galaxy express 2. I plugged it in and ran kingoapp but all that came up was the option of syncing the phone to windows media player. Need step-by-step instructions please
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  DroidZombie replied 3 years ago.
Hi there, my name is Paul and I'll be assisting you.

First off I would highly recommend NOT using kingoapp. There is a possible security leak to a server in China. During the root process a connection is made to a server in China and it has been deemed very probable that your device's serial number and other sensitive information may be transferred without your knowledge or consent.

This is taken from the XDA forums from one of their moderators.

"Be aware that as of this moment XDA has deemed the Kingo root method and Vroot method are not allowed on XDA. There are concerns with the information which is collected during the root method by the exploit. It is not about a continuous malware which may affect your device but about important information shared about your device, serial numbers etc during the root process which could be huge securities issues.
You have all been warned "

As of right now there is no root method for this device as the bootloader is locked. Some people are trying to get it worked on, but as of today there is no solution. If you want to follow the discussion please go here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2516980&page=6

I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days and see if anything develops.
Was this answer useful to you? If so please take a moment to rate it.