*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

cannot register my kindle fire hdx

Customer Question

cannot register my kindle fire hdx
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.

Michelle :

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

Michelle :

what is the error you get while registering.

Michelle :

what is the model and serial number of the kindle.

JACUSTOMER-3j1nb93g- :

where do i find that

Michelle :

at the back of the kindle

Michelle :

how old is the kindle.

Michelle :

is it a new kindle or a used one.

JACUSTOMER-3j1nb93g- :

CE0700 it is brand new arrived this morning

Michelle :

ok thanks for the info

Michelle :

give me a min i am working on it.

JACUSTOMER-3j1nb93g- :

it says there was an error white registering your kindle please try again later. I have a good wifi connection

Michelle :

To register a Kindle that has not been previously registered, go to the Home screen, select
Set Up Your Kindle, and follow the onscreen prompts. Once you have completed the setup
process, Set Up Your Kindle will no longer appear on your Home screen.
To register a Kindle that has been previously registered, press the Home button, and then
press the Menu button. Select the Settings option, and then Registration.

JACUSTOMER-3j1nb93g- :

still nothing I thought the information from my previous kindle would have transferred over from my amazon account

Michelle :

To verify, press the Home button and look for your Kindle name in the upper left corner of the Home screen. If it says
My Kindle or shows what.

JACUSTOMER-3j1nb93g- :

It says my kindle

Michelle :

when it say my kindle that means you are already registered however you dont need to register again as your information is already there in the registry that is why you are not able to register again.

Michelle :

you can start using the kindle.

JACUSTOMER-3j1nb93g- :

so how do i transfer my books from previous kindle, when i checked on my amazon account is says my new kindle is not registered

Michelle :

you will have to de-register your old account first and then it will allow you to register the new kindle

Michelle :

give me a minute i will give you the steps to follow

JACUSTOMER-3j1nb93g- :

my amazon account says that the new kindle is registererd but the kindle e-mail address is unavailable

Michelle :

There is a setting to restore to factory defaults. That removes everything that you did and restores back to the way it was when sent from the factory. That sounds like the setting you want.

Everything you purchased belongs to the account. Just be sure to register you new Kindle to the same account and everything is there to re-download and install

I highly recommend that the Kindle is fully charged before restoring but during the restore the Kindle should not be connected t othe computer

- Here is the website - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_k6land_troub?nodeId=200729330

1.Tap the Quick Settings icon, then tap More.
2.Tap Device.
3.Tap Reset to Factory Defaults.

JACUSTOMER-3j1nb93g- :

I have reset it and it is still giving a registration error

JACUSTOMER-3j1nb93g- :

it is now telling me it is a server error, I assume that is a problem on the amazon site?

Michelle :

let me just check once

Michelle :

allow me a couple of minutes

Michelle :

sorry for the delay

Michelle :

i was doing an extensive search on this issue

Michelle :

this server error is a common error when there is a problem when your internet cannot sync with amazon's server

Michelle :

in such case either you can try registering maybe at a later time after few hours or the other best way would be to download the ebooks on your computer and transfer to kindle via usb

JACUSTOMER-3j1nb93g- :

so what do i do now? just keep trying?, i can get onto amazon from laptop and my other tablet with no problem

Michelle :

i am checking further

Michelle :

is the time and date correct on kidle

Michelle :

kindle

JACUSTOMER-3j1nb93g- :

Yes

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

well to me it seems to be a server error on amazon side

Michelle :

however i will open this question to other experts for further advice

Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
  • Hi.
  • My name isXXXXX will assist you.
    I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
  • Please try this on your Kindle>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release.
  • After the device has completely turned off, press the power button to restart your Kindle> then try and connect again.
  • To connect to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Tap the Quick Settings icon Select Wi-Fi. Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position. Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network.
  • A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password. Enter the characters of the password XXXXX the onscreen keyboard.
  • BE SURE TO ENTER THE CHARACHTERS EXACTLY, AS THEY ARE CASE SENSITIVE, UPPER CASE AND LOWERCASE(CAPS AND non caps)
  • If you need help locating your password XXXXX me know.
  • Then Tap Connect. In the future your Kindle will automatically connect to the network that was most recently used.
  • Then make sure that your network name in the wifi menu has "connected" underneath the name of your home network.
  • Then swipe down from the top of the screen and choose settings, then tap on My Account then tap on account settings,
  • Make sure that the correct email is listed there and enter your password, then tap done.
  • Then swipe down from the top of the screen and choose settings then tap on sync all content.
  • .

Please let me know if this does not work and we will continue troubleshooting this issue.

After you try this wait a few minutes and se if your content is available on the Kindle.