Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My kindle screen is showing an empty battery, but does not

Customer Question

My kindle screen is showing an empty battery, but does not appear to take charge from the USB cable.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Is the Kindle still turning on? Or is it now completely flat?

And are you charging from a wall socket or from the computers USB port?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Richard,

I seem not to be getting through with my response to your questions. When we press the start button, the green light comes on briefly, and then goes out leaving the dead battery on the screen. We charge through the computer,s UBS port.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Tony,

This was the only message I received, possibly there was an issue with your last message.

Can you charge the Kindle via the wall power socket please, as your computer may not be providing enough power over the USB port.

Tell me please if it then charges.