Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My granddaughter has a Samsung galaxy 3 tablet and has message

My granddaughter has a Samsung galaxy 3 tablet and has message "unfortunately application installer has stopped" how do we fix? Thanks.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me please exactly what you are doing when this message appears?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Deleted some memory

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
When you say deleted some Memory Lucy, what files did you delete?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Games

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, system files have been deleted Lucy, this is why you get the error.

You need to reset the device, to bring these system files back, and you need to be very careful when deleting any memory.

this process is going to remove all data and return the device to new, but there is no way to avoid this.

On the Tablet, go to Settings, Backup & Reset.

Press on Factory Reset and let this complete.

Once it has, the device is returned to new, and you will need to set it up again like when you first received the Tablet.

Any games / apps you purchased, you can install again without having to purchase.

The error will then be removed.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to say she has not been able to fix, cannot get into settings, it might go out of the window!!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, we will do the reset this way Lucy

1.Turn off your tablet
2.Push together volume up + home key + power key until Samsung logoo appears
3.Select with volume key "wipe data" and push power key to confirm
4.Select "yes" and push power key to confirm
5.Wait until format ends
6.Push power key to confirm "reboot"
7.Wait until the tablet restarts

This will reset it and if the problem is firmware related, will resolve it.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX that but still getting message, but thanks

for all your help.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

It is the internal memory that has faulted. Your daughter did not cause this.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to error.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the tablet to have it replaced. It is a known problem, and will be covered by the warranty, with the replacement performed at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.