Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

I have a new samsung trend but it is not showing the import/export

Customer Question

I have a new samsung trend but it is not showing the import/export key on the drop down menu & i cannot transfer my contacts from the sim to phone.

Tanya
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello Tanya, and thanks for your question. My name is Nick and I will help you today.

On your phone, go to People or Contacts. Then you press the left button of the Middle Home button. Menu button looks like a rectangular with 2 lines inside.

You should see the Menu comes up. Select Import/Export. Then select Import from SIM. You will be able to select All or certain contacts over to your phone.

Please let me know if that worked out. Thank you!

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi nick, i tried that before asking you but it doesnt show import export, thats why i asked the question.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Tanya,

When you press Menu button while inside Contacts or People, what came up? Please list them out.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Delete

accounts

speed dial

send message/email

settings

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Tanya.

Did you select any contacts? Or that is after you went into Contact / People and press Menu button?

On your phone, go to Settings->About phone. What is the Android version?

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After i went in contact/people.

version 4.2.2

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Tanya.

Please press Power for 2-3 seconds and select Restart. Unlock the phone. Select Contact / People. Press Menu button. Does Import/Export come up now?

If not on the list, can you make calls?

When and where did you purchase the phone?

Nick