Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a Galaxy II. Every while (couple of months, say) the

I have a Galaxy II. Every while (couple of months, say) the internal device memory drops dangerously low, as though apps are using it up and not freeing it when finished. The only advice I've had to deal with this to perform a factory reset, which is far from ideal and very inconvenient. Prior to this I remove a load of downloaded apps - viber, skype, solitaire etc etc - which all have to be loaded up again after the reset. What can be eating the memory (not usb storage, but device memory) up like this?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

It will be processes running in the background, Text Messages, photos (if these are stored on the internal memory), junk files ect.

Best thing to do is download and app called Clean Master (Cleaner) - FREE

You can see it here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cleanmaster.mguard

This is going to allow you to delete as many junk files as possible (these are left over files not in use anymore)

Ru this app, do a clean up and let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Requested site not found on server

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Which, the link I gave?

It is working for me.

Is this the one you clicked?

It may be an issue on your computer, as the link is ok, but just go to the Google Play Store on the Galaxy and search for the app

Clean Master (Cleaner) - FREE

And install it from there please

Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did I just reply to you about the progress of the app? I have ensured that all other apps were closed. The results now stand at 30% storage 48% RAM. Device memory is now 269MB, lower than it was

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No sorry, just this message.

This app will get you the most space available Robin.

The rest of the memory is in use, and if you have removed all Apps you can, then the next step is a reset, though having 269MB freed up will allow you to avoid the low memory issue.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Richard. The problem is never really expects to have to know much about the workings of a phone, except for clearing out old messages etc.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Totally agree Robin, it is just one of the issues with the Androids.

remember, you always have us here is your ever insure.

Let me know if you need anything else, and please remember the service rating.