Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

My daughter locked me out of my samung tab 3 with to many pattern

Customer Question

My daughter locked me out of my samung tab 3 with to many pattern attempts do not know my username how do I unlock please.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the exact model of your Tab 3 ? You can find the model number on the box came with it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Don't have the box

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Jim, Unfortunately, your only option to get in to the Tab is by factory-reset it. There is no other way to override the password screen if the Gmail option didn't work. Factory reset will erase everything from it and return it to new (like Out of Box). Follow the steps below to factory reset it;
  1. Turn off the Tab
  2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Power + Home buttons at the same time.
  3. Android system recovery will be loaded now
  4. Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home/Power button)
  5. Select Yes — delete all user data.
  6. Then select reboot system now

That should factory reset the Tablet. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Ashik
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Jim, you can refer this Youtube video if needed : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abnk8btYnwo

After reset, it will take up to 20 minutes to boot it.

If you've any questions or if you have any trouble resetting it, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Ashik