Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

brand new viewsonic 10e viewpad, connect to charger when I

brand new viewsonic 10e viewpad, connect to charger when I got it - worked ok. Now it does not charge.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

When you connect it to the charger, do you see any thing from the device that it detects this?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no, the charging light does not flash.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Angus

Can you disconnect the charger.

Then hold the Power button down for 35 seconds, and release.

Once done, connect the charger and try to turn it on now.

tell me if it will now start please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no there is no response

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the mainboard that shorts out, and causes the device to not start, nor charge (as this controls everything).

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Viewpad to have it replaced. It is a known problem, and is covered by the warranty, with the replacement performed at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.