Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Toshiba AT10-A-104 Tablet, Brand new and tried getting it

Toshiba AT10-A-104 Tablet,
Brand new and tried getting it up and going yesterday but could not connect to XXXXX cant get past the joining up of 4 dots (so stupid) so no access at all.
How do I get this problem solved,

Peter Huggett 24/02/2014
email peterw.huggett@ btopenworld.com
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

To clarify, you are trying to add your Email account to the Tablet?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes my wife wants to be able to access her email account from her Tablet.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

The correct way to set this up is as follows

Tap the Apps icon on your home screen

Tap the Email or Mail icon

Tap Other(POP IMAP)

In the relevant boxes enter your full BT email address and password
Tap Next

Enter a name for the account e.g. BT Mail

Tap Finish Set-up

your emails should then be available.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rischard,

I am still waiting for advice to overcome or reset access code (4 dots joined up) Can you help?

Peter

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure what you mean with this Peter.

What are you referring to for reset access code?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

Yesterday I was prompted to set an access code / security code to gain access to the main start screen, the one containing all the Icons! by joining up 4 dots in a box construction consisting of 9 dots. Unfortunately I didn't make a note of the sketch so this morning I can't join the 4 dots up in accordance with those from yesterday, so no access is possible, nor is there a suggestion how one can choose a new set (similar to the method when one has forgotten one's password). So how can I start over new with this Tablet or should I have to return the thing to the seller?

Peter

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the issue now

We need to reset it.

Can you power it off.

Then hold the Volume UP and Power button until you see a recovery menu.

Try a few times as it can be tricky to get to this.

Tell me when you see it please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

I just get two symbosl, the one "android" the other a white box with a yellow arrow coming out.

Otherwise no movement.

Peter

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, can you press on the White Box Peter?

What do you then see?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have pressed the white box, tried tapping and firm holding but nothing happens,

Peter

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, turn off the Tablet.

Then repeat the procedure, it should take you automatically to the recovery menu.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard,

Still no joy, the two symbols are still there and nothing happens! The android symbol green pulsating gently.

Peter

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Something is wrong with the device Peter, this is the correct procedure to reset it.

I see you just purchased it, and without the ability to reset it with my procedure, you wont be able to remove the security.

I believe your doing the instructions correct, so I advise you to return it to the place of purchase.

They will attempt my procedure themselves and when it fails, they will replace it free of charge under warranty.

With the new device, you can then use my instructions to add the email account.

I have marked this question to never close, so any issues on the new device, just let me know here. There is no time limit on this Peter.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist