Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

hi i currently own a samsung note 2 with jelly bean 4.2.1 after

Customer Question

hi i currently own a samsung note 2 with jelly bean 4.2.1 after trying a reboot the note 2 would not start up,next day it started up but screen froze,3rd time it started but went into shut down mode and now will not start at all
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

Your phone is essentially a small computer, sometimes can be frozen or unresponsive and keep you from using the phone. The first solution for this kind of issue will be to clear the cache partition.

1. Turn off the device. Remove and replace battery
2. Press and hold Volume UP, Home and Power button at the same time.
3. When 'GALAXY Note II' appears on the screen, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
4. When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
5. Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
6. Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache.
7. With 'reboot system now' highlighted, press the Power key to restart the device.

If that doesn't help, the next troubleshooting step will be to perform factory reset of your phone (this procedure will not delete data from your phone). But, resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your SD memory card, such as music or photos.

3. When 'GALAXY Note II' appears on the screen, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
5. Press the Volume down key to highlight 'wipe data / factory reset.'
Press Power button to select.
6. Press the Volume down key to highlight 'delete all user data.'
7. Press Power button to select and start the master reset. When the master reset is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
8. Press the Power key to turn the restart the device.

Please try both solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi todd! sorry i did not get in touch earlier,but work got in the way.neither of the ideas worked,because i could not get the note 2 to come on at all,so i have contacted the seller via amazon,but once again thanks for your suggestion,it was greatfully recieved.regards glenn

You're welcome Glenn. I'm glad if I could help.

You did the right thing. Since none of the previous solutions works I would also suggest to contact your seller because your phone is defective.

I'm sorry I could not be of any more assistance, unfortunately this issue can't be resolved online.

Thank you very much for positive rating and for using our service.

Best Regards,
Todd