Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

my galaxy s3 says unfortunately touchwiz home has stopped ?

Customer Question

my galaxy s3 says unfortunately touchwiz home has stopped ? what can you suggest to resolve this ?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you able to access menus or open anything ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no nothing only the above message appears

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
That means the firmware of your phone is corrupted. Your only option is to factory reset it to get it back to working condition. Unfortunately, that will erase everything from your phone. But if you synced your phone with Gmail/Google, then you can restore your data and also, you can redownload all past purchases for free if any. If you have a PC, then you can connect it to it and backup your important files.

Do you want to factory reset it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes please

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Follow the steps below to factory reset it. Remember, this will delete everything including contacts, calendars, apps etc and restore it to out of box settings. So after resetting, make sure you sign in with or use the same gmail account you used it before.
  1. Turn off the phone. Wait 2 minutes
  2. Press and hold down Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Android system recovery will be loaded now.
  4. Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home/Power button)
  5. Select Yes — delete all user data (press Power button to confirm)
  6. Seelct reboot system now and this will factory reset.

Note : It may take up to 20 minutes to boot for first time after factory reset.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Ashik

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Steven, are you there ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes still here

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Did you get my answer ? If not, here it is again.

Follow the steps below to factory reset it. Remember, this will delete everything including contacts, calendars, apps etc and restore it to out of box settings. So after resetting, make sure you sign in with or use the same gmail account you used it before to restore your data back.
  1. Turn off the phone. Wait 2 minutes

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Steven, Were you able to reset it ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi Steven,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help. I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me Positively.

Thanks and Have a great day,
Ashik