Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

I recently changed my Hotmail email address and am unable to

I recently changed my Hotmail email address and am unable to change it on my Kindle Fire HD I get an error message - unable to finish account setup. and server message: Email address or password XXXXX Both of these are correct as Amazon recently accepted both the emai address and password XXXXX I changed both at the same time
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 3 years ago.

Viet - Android Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

Viet - Android Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Did it ask for your email password? Or Amazon account password? Note: these are two different kinds of passwords, and passwords are case-sensitive.

Customer:

it asks for the email address and then password XXXXX I assumed was my email account password XXXXX have also tried my amazon password XXXXX it still did not work either in a combination of upper and lower or just lower case

Viet - Android Tech :

Are you trying to set up email on your kindle fire hd? Are you able to buy a book on the kindle?

Customer:

trying to set up email and have bought a book recently from amazon via my kindle ok

Customer:

I recentlu changed my email address as my old one was no longer valid

Viet - Android Tech :

So you are trying to read/send emails on the kindle. Can you sign out at website: http://hotmail.com/, then sign back in at that website also, then see if your email password XXXXX XXXXX fine?

Customer:

on my laptop or kindle

Viet - Android Tech :

Either is fine.

Viet - Android Tech :

Also, do you have 2-step verification enabled or disabled on your Hotmail account?
https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage

Customer:

my email works fine on the laptop its just the kindle I have a problem with as it wont accept the new email address or the password XXXXX not sure which as it just comes up with the error message

Viet - Android Tech :

I know, we're just testing at the hotmail.com website to confirm

Customer:

I don't have a verification thing enenabled on the hotmal account as I never set it up with that

Viet - Android Tech :

When setting up, it may enabled automatically; please check at the website below to confirm:
https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage

Customer:

just rie it and it wont accept the password XXXXX it says its wrong so dont think I ever set up a verification thing

Viet - Android Tech :

No, don't try again

Viet - Android Tech :

for now

Viet - Android Tech :

Did you check at the website: https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage

Customer:

yes clicked on the linke above and it took me to the Microsoft website verification thing which askes for an email address and password XXXXX like I said it didn't work so I appears I never set up this verification page when I changed the email address

Viet - Android Tech :

on the laptop or kindle?

Customer:

changed the email address on the laptop and am trying to change it on the kindle as the old address is no longer valid

Viet - Android Tech :

No, I mean, going to the website: https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage

Viet - Android Tech :

So you go to the website https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage on the computer, and it does not work?

Viet - Android Tech :

Did you sign out at the hotmail.com website on the computer, then sign back in?

Customer:

just trying it on the kindle web

Viet - Android Tech :

Sorry, I don't think you are not typing it correctly, the website should work on any device. Try on the computer.

Customer:

did it originally on the laptop and now just trying it on the kindle with the correct password XXXXX

Viet - Android Tech :

I understand, for now, please go to the website https://account.live.com/proofs/Manage on the laptop.

Viet - Android Tech :

everything we do now is on the computer, then we'll check on the kindle fire later

Viet - Android Tech :

If you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your laptop, and check on your hotmail account settings to make it work on the kindle fire

Customer:

I have accessed the Microsoft verification and the email now works but as for the 2 step autentification thing I don't have a smart phone which is why I only changed the email address and didn't set up the verification thing

Viet - Android Tech :

So 2-step verification is showing disabled? Do you mean email works now on the kindle?

Customer:

no - the kindle still doesnt work if I add an account - or is the add account to add other peoples email addresses such as my husband or sons etc - sorry not at all technical minded

Viet - Android Tech :

Are you able to download the Outlook.com app on the kindle fire?

Customer:

im on the welcome page of outlook which says to either take atur or outlook tips or check an email they say they have sent

Viet - Android Tech :

Do you know how to download an app on the kindle? Can you log in at the outlook page?

Customer:

it appears I may already be logged on tot their website - have a welcome message and 3 pictures - 2 people together a box which looks like a calendar possibly and clouds

Viet - Android Tech :

Can you use email at the hotmail.com website on the kindle then?

Customer:

it seems the outlook website is working - have just sent them a test email to see if it works74

Viet - Android Tech :

ok

Customer:

the notification came back s failed

Viet - Android Tech :

Send email using the outlook.com or hotmail.com website

Viet - Android Tech :

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.

2. Choose Print & Scan from the View menu.

3. Hold down the Option key while clicking the "-" (Remove printer) button. If no printers are currently added, hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (Add printer) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.

Viet - Android Tech :

, then see if you can add

Viet - Android Tech :

And/or after restarting the computer, please try the steps above.

Viet - Android Tech :

Sorry, please ignore the above messages.

Viet - Android Tech :

Please send email using the outlook.com or hotmail.com website

Customer:

my son is just doing it now

Viet - Android Tech :

Don't try my other suggestions. Just go to the hotmail.com website on the kindle fire and send email at that website.

Customer:

that's what my son is doing now for me

Viet - Android Tech :

ok thanks

Customer:

my son is trying the Hotmail.com website now

Viet - Android Tech :

ok thanks