DroidZombie
DroidZombie, Fixing Droids since GingerBread
Experience:  I've customized numerous devices, installed custom roms, and even built roms, kernels and apps. Need help?
76391150

I just bought a htc one. My old sim does not fit in it, how

I just bought a htc one. My old sim does not fit in it, how can I download my pictures and contacts into the phone from the old sim card.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  DroidZombie replied 3 years ago.
Hello there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be assisting you.

The easiest way to get your local phone store to pull them off and give it to you on a cd. Unfortunately, you need a special piece of hardware to directly look at a sim card.

Another way, which is a little more tedious, but free, is to email yourself each contact individually, then open the attachments on your new phone.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there any way that I can connect two phones, one with the old sim and the other with the new one and do a link of some sort?

You'd think that in this day and age that would exist, but sadly it's not that easy.

Some phones have an infra-red transmitter/receiver that you can beam contacts from phone to phone if they are next to each other, but those are usually older feature phones.

Another option is to move the contacts from your old sim into your old phones phonebook. Then get an adapter for the new sim and stick it in your old phone. Then just move the phonebook back to the new sim.

Again this entails buying something that you will only use once so you have to weigh the cost vs. time savings of that method. If you want to try this method I'll need to know the make and model of your old phone so I can help you with the transfer.