Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

My S3 has just stopped working. no sign of anything wrong just

Customer Question

My S3 has just stopped working. no sign of anything wrong just gone dead
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

When did you purchase your phone?

Can you confirm that your phone did not get wet or physically damaged?

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The phone is les than 18months old, it has not been dropped or damaged in anyway. it has always had a rubber jacket and a hard case around it. it had a replacement glass about a year ago.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

Sometimes your phone can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.

Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Remove battery and SIM card (if you have SIM card in your phone)
3. Wait 5 minutes
4. Replace SIM card and battery
5. Press and hold Power button for exactly 35 seconds.

If that doesn't help please try the next solution:
1. Press and hold the Volume UP, Volume DOWN and Power button at the same time for exactly 15 seconds.
2. After 15 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your phone.

If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the phone into the charger for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold Power button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the phone to reboot.

If none of the previous solutions works, the last troubleshooting step will be to perform hard reset. Performing a hard reset will DELETE ALL DATA and reset the phone back to the state before you turned on the phone for the first time. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your SD memory card, such as music or photos.

To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps:
1. Turn the power off. Remove and replace battery.
2. Press and Hold the Volume Up, Home and Power button.
3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset"
6. Select "Yes -- delete all user data"
* Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select "reboot system now"
* Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks I will start to work through your suggestions

You're welcome Mike.

No rush, take your time. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi Todd, tried everything except the hard reset. I cant do that one as the phone has no life regardless of what I press.

Mike,

If none of the previous solutions works (the most important troubleshooting steps), I have bad news for you (please don't shoot the messenger).

Bad news is that your phone is defective (hardware issue). I have provided you with the all troubleshooting steps for resolving this kind of issue (resetting the software, force reset, hard reset). Unfortunately there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.

Your phone is out of 1-year warranty, so the best option will be to contact your provider or Samsung directly at 0845 MSAMSUNG (6726786) to arrange repair. The nearest official Samsung repair service you can find using the webpage below - click here

Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is a issue on your phone that can't be resolved online.

If you are not satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record (very damaging for me). Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button (just reply "Please refund my deposit") and I'll connect you with our refund office (your deposit will be refunded).

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry Todd but please refund my deposit.

No problem Mike.

To request a refund, please click the following link: click here

Thanks for using our service.

Best Regards,
Todd