Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I am an author. I want to scan my old books so that I can

I am an author.
I want to scan my old books so that I can transfer them to Amazon Kindle rather than type them out.
How can I best do this?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

You will need to use an OCR Scanner for this.

I can see if your scanner can do this. What is the make and model of your Scanner?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My scanner printer is the Epsom Stylus SX438W.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

You should have a program called ABBYY Finereader that can scan and convert it to text so you can put it in a word document (which you can upload as a Kindle Book)

Click Start > Programs or All Programs > ABBYY FineReader Sprint > ABBYY FineReader Sprint.

Once the Presto! PageManager window opens, click the Acquire image data icon at the top of the window. Epson Scan starts in the last mode used.

The document is scanned and a preview is displayed on the main screen of the PageManager software. Select the image then click File > Send to file. A list of applications is shown here; choose the application you want this to open in, for example Microsoft Word, and the scanned document now opens in the application in an editable text format.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have clicked 'Start' and opened up 'All Programmes' but cannot find Abby FineReader Sprint.

I guess I need to buy this then, or would it be hidden in another folder. I have Abbey Reader but guess this is something else.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You would need to Kevin, but you can first trial it to make sure you are happy with it.

you can access it via their website on my link below

http://finereader.abbyy.com/

Feel free to ask if you would like any additional information please.