Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I went to web site and was asked to download an app for adroit

I went to web site and was asked to download an app for adroit is I ticked yes and nothing happened
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Android apps are for Smartphones and Tablets, not for windows computers.

Was it on a Android phone or Tablet that you installed it on?

Or a windows computer?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still waiting for an answer earlier I have a Lenovo tablet 8" size with Android 4.2 is using Mozilla ver 5.0 internet browser when logged onto the national lottery web site I am faced with a question "we now have an Android app would you like to download it?" Click either yes download now or no thanks when I click yes download now the screen refreshes, takes me back as before and nothing happens my question is what can be done to rectify this matter look forward to a response soon

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Hi Andre,

I replied to you within a minute of your question, and was waiting here for your response, but no problem.

You need to now run the file to install the app.

To do this, go on the Tablet to the Google Play Store and download the free app

OI File Manager

Once installed, run it. It is a file explorer.

Go to the folder Downloads and you will see the App you downloaded before.

Press it and run it to do the installation, and once installed, you will then see it in your list of apps.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Downloaded the OI file but how do you run it as a file explorer and the installation setup please help

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
You run the App Andre, and it opens. You then see the files in the file manager.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Downloaded the OI file manager see different folders open open download folder then applications its empty now what?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Which app do you wish to install Andre?

whats the name of it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is an Android folder inside there are many files such as googleapps, lenovo files etc so not sure which one to use if you view the files

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, much easier method.

Go to the google play store.

Search for UK Lottery and download it.

You can see it here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jedevmobile.android.uklottery

When you download it in the play store, it installs as well so much easier, and it is the same app.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Seem to have downloaded and installed fine

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Perfect,

The problem we had was I did not know where you downloaded it to, so we could not run it.

but it is also no problem doing it from the Play Store, it is the same app.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Another question same topic installed the lottery checker app fine but when I visit the national-lottery.co.UK site using my lenovo tablet I still get "there is an android app do you wish to download it?" Even if I click no thanks the page remains as it was but if I visit that same web site using my laptop with Windows os I view the full web home page any ideas?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
yes, it does this all the time, it has no way to tell you have the App installed already Andre.

It is one of the limitations of Websites interacting with these devices.

But you never rated me... can you do that now please? Else I am not compensated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Before I rate you is there anything I can do to disable it when using my tablet as this message has not come up before I realise you do not see the full web page on Android tablet systems

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No, the Tablet is just viewing the webpage in the view of a Tablet device, and the site will have recently added this function to the site to detect if it is a Tablet, and to offer the App.

the point of the App is that you would not need to use the website again, hence why it keeps repeating.