Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

google nexus 7 about 1.5 years old. I was transferring video

google nexus 7 about 1.5 years old. I was transferring video to it and it was close to full capacity, battery was charged at time, screen went blank, cannot switch it on, tried holding power button 30 sec, power and vol -, power and vol + power and both vol, opened up checked all conn's disconnected reconnected battery, tried 4th button (reset only accessible when case off, tried various chargers, nothing shows on screen.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

Please remove the back cover. Disconnect the battery and leave it for 10 minutes. Connect battery back. Connect charger for 10 minutes. Press Power for 10 seconds. Does your tablet turn back on?

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no mate , still nothing

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Neil for your update.

Please connect your tablet to charger. Does it charge at all?

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not showing anything on screen when charging. tried various chargers and usb ports for short and overnight sessions

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Neil,

When disconnected battery for 10 minutes and connect it back. Hold Volume Up + Down+ Power for 10-15 seconds. Will it vibrate or have sound / display?

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nope still nothing

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Neil,

This looks like a hardware issue. You might want to remove the back. Remove the power button and put it back in place. Try to turn on without the cover. Does it turn on?

Try to remove the outside rubber part of the Power button. Press and hold the Power with your nail. Does it come up?

If not, the power module is faulty. Too bad your tablet is out of warranty. The only way we can do is to replace the board.

I just checked ebay. The 1st gen board is about $30 for 16GB and $50 for 32GB. For 2nd gen, $50-60 for 16GB and $60-$80 for 32GB.

You will need to replace and Factory Reset it. Use it as a new tablet.

Please reply back if you have any questions or concerns. Otherwise, kindly rate my answer so I can get credit. Thank you!

Nick