Viet - Android Tech
Viet - Android Tech, Android Devices Technican
Experience:  Troubleshoot all Android devices, such as tablets, smartphones, etc.
30037186

HI, I AM GETTING A MESSAGE ON MY KINDLE FIRE 5 SAYING THAT

Customer Question

HI, I AM GETTING A MESSAGE ON MY KINDLE FIRE 5 SAYING THAT I AM RUNNING OUT OF SPACE. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS IS AS I ONLY HAVE ABOUT 10 OR SO BOOKS INSTALLED. THESE ARE MOSTLY UNABRIDGED AUDIO BOOKS. WOULD THIS BE THE CAUSE? BEFORE I HAD MY KINDLE I USED TO COPY THEM TO A DISC BUT I THOUGHT THE KINDLE WOULD ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR THIS? ANYWAY, IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? I DON'T REALLY USE MY KINDLE FOR ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN TO ORDER MY BOOKS SO I DO NOT HAVE MANY APPS TO REMOVE (WHICH IS WHAT THE MESSAGE SUGGESTS). I DO HAVE THE iCLOUD INSTALLED. SHOULD I MOVE THE BOOKS TO THIS? AT THE MOMENT I THINK SOME BOOKS ARE ON THE KINDLE AND IN THE iCLOUD AS I DON'T REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT THE iCLOUD IS ALL ABOUT. HELP!!
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Viet - Android Tech replied 3 years ago.

Viet - Android Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

Viet - Android Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Yes, please delete/move the books you've already read to the Cloud.

Viet - Android Tech :

When you delete books on the kindle, it will free up space on the kindle.

Viet - Android Tech :

(In the future, if you want to re-read a book, it's always in the cloud, so you can download/read it again.)

Viet - Android Tech :

Cloud means online storage on Amazon server (as opposed to physical storage on the kindle.)

Viet - Android Tech :

So go to Books, then Device tab, then tap & hold on any book you want to remove from the kindle, then remove it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keBLlSJypHE

Viet - Android Tech :

In the future, you can always go to the Cloud tab, then select any book you want to read/re-read.

Viet - Android Tech :

Also, check other item, besides Books, such as Music, Videos, etc., and delete.

Viet - Android Tech :

If needed, connect the USB cable from the kindle to the computer, then on the computer, open the kindle drive/device, then check to see if any data/music/video file is there you can delete.

Viet - Android Tech :

If all fails, sometimes the device needs to reset. (After resetting, you can redownload any book you want back to the kindle from the Cloud tab, and download any app you need):

1. Tap the Quick Settings (gear/wheel) icon
    ; for the kindle fire HD model, swipe down from the top
    , then tap More.

2. Tap Device.

3. Tap Reset to Factory Defaults, and confirm yes.

Viet - Android Tech :

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Hi Patricia,

It looks like you are away. When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks.

I thought the 'cloud' was as you have explained but didn't want to do as you suggest without getting the expert advice first in case I lost everything!

I was loathe to remove my books as I generally just skim through them on the first listen or read and them go back to them for a more concentrated experience at a later date.

Thanks again

You're welcome :) Please come back if you need anything else in the future. Thank you,

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/electronics/expert-itstuff/