Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

my kindle fire comes on but when I switch onto the first page

Customer Question

my kindle fire comes on but when I switch onto the first page it asks me to enter pin number.I do not know what is my pin numberand at 95 yrs of age I have trouble remembering the day. Please help me
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is asking for the lock screen passcode. Unfortunately, if you've forgotten your lock screen passcode, you have to reset your Kindle Fire. This will remove everything from your Kindle and return it to out of box state. But you can redownload all your books or contents back to it using the Amazon account you used to register it. That is your only option to solve this problem.

To reset it, try to enter any four digit pin at least five times. Each time you enter the wrong password, it will say, "Please try again". On the fifth incorrect you will a message with a Reset button. Tap the reset button and your Kindle will reset.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Ashik