Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. Don't use the kindle email address.
For privacy purpose, please do not provide your full email address here. Can you please tell me if your email address ends with @virginmedia.com or @virgin.net or @ntlworld.com, etc.?
Please use POP setting (not IMAP setting) when setting up your viginmedia.com email
POP/POP3 / incoming server is pop3.virginmedia.com
I am not in a position to try pop setings just now as wifi connection is back at home and i am currently at work
Incoming POP SSL enabled, and incoming POP port is 955 ; username is XXXXX XXXXX virginmedia email address
Sorry, you can try later.
All the settings are at the website:http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=2708&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable
can i come back to you later on when i get home and try to set up the mails?
Yes, you can bookmark/add to favorites this web page and/or
, and/or check your email for message from Viet / JustAnswer later in order to get back to me via this web page.
1. Actually, log in your Virgin Media email at the website below first:https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox; you need to confirm that your virgin email password XXXXX XXXXX first.
2. If you forgot your Virgin Media email password, then you can reset it at https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password
3. Log in your email https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/email/mailbox , then enable POP from Settings at the email website there, then go to the option Forwarding and POP/IMAP, and make sure POP is enabled (if IMAP is there, then enable IMAP also), then save. Full details:http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=2720&CURRENT_CMD=SEARCH&CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&USERTYPE=1&LANGUAGE=en&COUNTY=us&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable
4. On the Kindle,
5. Try IMAP again with these exact settings:
Incoming / Receiving mail (IMAP4)
IMAP4 server name
Enabled (or 'Password' on Macs)
Your full Virgin Media email address
Outgoing / Sending mail (SMTP)
SMTP server name
Your full virgin media email address
6. If it does not work, then try POP3 instead:
Receiving mail (POP3)
POP3 server name
7. If all fails, go to the website below:https://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&USERTYPE=1&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable&CMD=ESCALATION_REQUEST, then select "Fault with your service", then select your service, i.e., cable or national service, then select Email option below, then scroll down to the bottom, then select the Start Chatand/or by phone option there to continue.