Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

How do I set the Galaxy Slll mini to update the address book

How do I set the Galaxy Slll mini to update the address book in my car phone?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

What is the make and model of the device in the car you are connecting the SIII to?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Own Volkswagen set with maps, traffic, navigation , media and phone. Something like Kus.... is the system I go through. My old HTC Wildfire did it everytime I started the car and the bluetooth linked in.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, there are a lot of incompatibility on Bluetooth with Samsung devices, so we need to eliminate all other causes for this issue to confirm this.

First, it is connecting to the car correct? And you can call via it, just not the phone book is accessible?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It connects perfectly everytime I turn the engine on and the address book in the car is the one that loaded up the very first time I connected the two. I can use the cars address book to make calls obviously every time I use the phone in the car.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

I want you to download the app

Bluetooth Phonebook

You go to the Google Play Store and search for and download it from there

You can see the app here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android_rsap.irmc

this will remove all issues that can cause this and confirm if it is an incompatibility issue with this phone.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will do that later so will wait to then to give rating. OK

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No problem at all Graham.

Let me know the results please