Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

I have a huawei ascend phone - I have taken some photos, which

Customer Question

I have a huawei ascend phone - I have taken some photos, which initially were showing in my gallery, but when I tried to upload to Facebook, it said Media failed. I restarted the phone and now the photos are not showing, they are just showing as a black square, when I select it, it says No Thumbnail. Is there anyway I can retrieve these photos?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

This means your phone's memory or the SD memory where the photos are on corrupted. We can try to retrieve the photos.

Connect your phone to computer. Open the phone directory/drive. Open the DCIM. Open the folder(s) in DCIM. Your photos should be there. Try to open them using computer. If they are still good, transfer to your computer to backup.

If not inside DCIM folder, open the SD card directory and open DCIM folder. Check photos there.

After backed up your photo files, on your phone, do the following to reset the Gallery and Media.

1. Go to Settings
  2. Select Applications ->Manage Applications or Apps
  3. Select All (Look for ALL on top menu or swipe left to go right to ALL)
  4. Select Media Storage and tap Clear Data.
  5. Go back to All and select Gallery.
  6. Select Force Stop and Clear Data.
  7. Turn off (shut down) your phone and turn it back on.
  8. Open Gallery and see if you can view them. Use Facebook to update your photos.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick