Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

I have a Galaxy Ace GT- S5839i The battery is constantly draining

I have a Galaxy Ace GT- S5839i The battery is constantly draining after little use and the phone keeps turning off and battery still reads at between 80 and 90%. Has been happening over past 2 weeks. Have had it 19 months.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

First, can you go to Settings, Manage Applications.

Look under the list ALL for Google Services Framework.

Tell me when you have located it please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have located it
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Press it and press Clear Data.

then restart the phone and tell me if you still have the issue please Colin.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Trouble is I won't know till later as battery won't start draining till I use it for a while.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No problem, there is no time limit on this question Colin.

So test it out, and if you still have the problem, let me know here. No problem with this. I can promise you though, we will rule out here all software problems that can cause this, avoiding you a visit to the shop for this.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Many thanks Richard. You been very helpful.

Colin
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome Colin.

Just please remember the rating by clicking one of the smiley faces below.

And any issues let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I take it that £33 is a one off payment and no more will be deducted?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Correct, a one time payment, no matter how long this takes, or how many messages we exchange.

Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Phone just died on me again. I plugged it back in and battery reads 83%
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, when it dies, you can turn it back on with no problems?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It cones back on fine and battery level is fine but when I start texting or using it generally it shuts down after about 10 mins.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like the battery connections are either dirty or losing contact with the contacts on the phone, or the battery is faulty.

Can you check the contacts, clean it (dry cloth is ok) and test please Colin.

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have cleaned them and will start using it and come back to you.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just died on me again with battery at 83% think your right and the battery is done for.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Either that or the contacts are not seating correctly

But its a hardware issue Colin, not software, and I would advise you to have it replaced under warranty.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's out of its warranty though as had it since Oct 2012 it's on a 2 year contract. Warranty is only a year isn't it?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Depends on the cell provider Colin.

But this problem is worth the cost of a repair in respect to the value of the phone. as it is either the battery or the connector that is faulting.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So I have to send it off to samsung?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No, that's too costly, just take it into a Cell Phone repair store, as this problem can be handled by them. They can test the battery and replace if needed, or replace the contacts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Oh ok. Thanks for your help again Richard. Cheers. Colin
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome Colin.

If you ever need anything else at all, please do not hesitate to let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The problem was as you said. Got a new battery from mobile repair shop and all working well. Many thanks. Colin
Customer: replied 3 years ago.