Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

I have a Galaxy S4 and suddenly, when I try to get email, I

I have a Galaxy S4 and suddenly, when I try to get email, I get the message 'email sync is disabled'. When I go to the account I get 'master email sync is disabled'. I have removed the account and added from scratch. Same result. Any suggestions?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

We can enable Master Sync as follows:

This is one of the switches that you see on the phone's Home screen. The switch is with a group of switches: Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sync, and Brightness. See photo below.

graphic

Another method to turn on Sync:

Go to Settings -> Data usage -> Go to the mobile tab. Press Menu button or 3dots button -> select Auto Sync data. This will enable Auto Sync.

When done, Email, calendar, contacts, and other Google services will be synced normally.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick