Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

Hi I have smashed my screen and lcd on my Samsung x4 the price

Customer Question

Hi I have smashed my screen and lcd on my Samsung x4 the price to fix was to high so I got a new phone on contract however I need my contacts of my old phone the lady from the shop told me to download kies but it won't let me access anything as the screen is locked on my divice I have tryed to unlocked it with my patern but because the Lcd has gone it is not reconciling it is they anything I can do I need my contacts some are irraplacable
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you today.

On your computer, go to contacts.google.com. Log into your account. Do you see your contacts there?

If yes, you can restore these contacts to your new phone.

If not, you will have to bring your phone to a local phone repair shop. They will swap the screen on your phone so you can unlock and backup your contacts to SD card. Then swap the screen back.

Steps to backup your contacts to SD card:

1. Go to Contacts.
  2. Press Menu button and select Import/Export
  3. Select Export to SD card. Your contacts will copied to SD under a vcf file.

To resetore your contacts to phone from SD card:

1. Go to Contacts.
  3. Select Import from SD card.
  4. Select the VCF file and select Import.
  5. Your contacts will be imported from SD file.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick