Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

My galaxy ace wont connect to my network. It shows the strength

Customer Question

My galaxy ace won't connect to my network. It shows the strength bars at the top but not the network icon.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there, yes I have a little time to wait further for an answer.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

when you say network, you mean wifi or the Cell network?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I mean cell network. I have discovered that this is a common problem with the galaxy aces. Most of it appears to have something to do with the e (something) number.

Michele

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

Can you please go to Settings, Manage Applications.

Look under the list ALL for GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK

Press it and press clear data.

Then remove the battery from the phone, put it back in, turn on the phone and tell me if it now connects please Michele.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard,

Sorry but that didn't work. The phone is actually my partner's and he has now received a pack to send the phone back to the manufacturer for repair, so we've run out of time. Thanks for your help anyway.

Michele.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No problem Michele,

Though there were more steps to be done which would have avoided it being sent back, but I understand.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Richard,

I would still appreciate any more help. My partner has not yet sent the phone off as it still works on the internet and he needs a temporary replacement.

Michele.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, can you then do the initial instructions I gave you?