Waitongu2
Waitongu2, Technician
Experience:  Member xda dev Samsung forums, owner 2 Galaxy S Gingerbread Root.
64043135

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. Since day 1 it has

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. Since day 1 it has taken a long time to charge but over the last year it has got worse until I tried replacing the battery yesterday but I still have the same problem. It never seems to get to full charge, maybe over a few days of charging. I also replaced the charger plug a few months ago. What can I do with this is it likely to be the lead?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 3 years ago.
This is a known issue with the note but your case sound a bit ectreme.

we can check if you have any updates or we can check the charger voltage. ALternatively if you have backed up your info we can simply reset the devide and see how it behaves.

how would you like to proceed?

These are the charger specs

http://www.a4c.com/product/samsung-galaxy-tab-wall-charger.html

Specs

Category Chargers
Manufacturer Samsung
Part Number ETA-P10JBEG
Color Black
Charger Types w/ Data Cables, Wall Chargers
Input 100-240V
Output 5v
Connector type Samsung Tablet
Package is Complete With: Samsung Galaxy Tab Wall Charger, USB Cable
Product Condition New
Compatibility Galaxy Tab 8.9", Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, Galaxy Tab 10.1,

To try rest the tablet,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozLJ1JrxEnM

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    1. To power off, press and hold the Power button.
    2. Select Power off.
    3. Select OK.
      Note Allow several seconds for the device to power off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume up button then press the Power button until the Samsung logo appears then release the Power button.
  3. Select wipe data/factory reset.
    Note Utilize the volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  4. Select Yes -- delete all user data.
    Note Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
  6. If necessary, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.

Please let me know if this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your answer - The charger is OK - as I said I have replaced already. I want to try the reset but I have photos and video on the tablet and assume this will wipe these from the memory? I have tried to sync with Kies but the battery is running out before I can get this sorted is there a better way of getting my pictures off?

Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 3 years ago.
James,
think your best bet will be to install Google Drive from the app market. Then leave the tab plugged in. once you have installed the app it will ask to sync your photos and videos to your Gmail or Google+ account. if you say yes. it will upload your images and you will have access to them even after you wipe the unit.

here is a link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.docs

Please let me know how this goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Simon, I have updated to Google drive, the battery actually charged over a day but I decided to reset the notepad anyway. There are a lot of apps running after I have reset and reloaded a couple of Apps - notably Google Play, Google Maps and other unwanted notes tat came in on the back of of installing Google Drive - are these what are draining the battery? If so is there a way to stop them automatically or do I have to go into apps manager every time? There are a lot less applications running now so I will charge overnight and see how it looks in the morning.

Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 3 years ago.
James,
how did it behave this morning?

If you go to settings>>battery it should give you what is using up your battery most.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hiya sorry no reply still trying to fix but had a few days away. The notepad is charging up intermittently over a couple of days it reaches 100% but occassionally it doesnt charge at all. I can stop apps from running now to save a bit here and there so I can make it last longer but still concerned. I have ordered a lead and will try that when it receives but if this doesnt work where do I go? Is there a weakness in the Note with voltage regulators or something like that? Is there a component I can try repairing it with if the cable does not work? Thanks for your help so far - backing up with Google drive was a pukka bit of advice.

Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 3 years ago.
James,
i am glad you were able to back the unit up. is it still under warranty by any chance? It does not have very many field replaceable parts unfortunately.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No - big mistake on my part I let it drift too long. OK thanks for the advice - I understand the unit a little more now and being able to back up my photos was sound. Very pleased with your service.