Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

i took out my sim card on my sony xperia z phone and when i

i took out my sim card on my sony xperia z phone and when i put it back in,mcafee security asking me pin to unlock my device? what should i do? i cant remember my pin? thanks im getting really frustrated now.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Do you have Google email registered on your cell phone?

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i have [email protected] thanks

Hi Magine,

Thank you for your reply.

Because of the privacy protection I can only [email protected] Can you please provide me with the username only as your email must be on gmail.com?

Todd

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

im sorry i type it wrong earlier,[email protected] username magz88 .thanks

Thank you for your reply.

To avoid deleting all data from your phone first try to reset your McAfee PIN code using the webpage below - click here

Log into your McAfee account and reset PIN for your phone.

If that doesn't help, please try the procedure below:
1. When McAfee lock screen appear click "Emergency Dial"
2. Type *#*#7378423#*#*
3. Select "Service Tests"
4. Select NFC
5. Select NFC Diag Test
6. Tap HOME button
7. In the Menu go and turn off protection.

If none of the previous works or your phone doesn't accept new PIN please let me know and I'll provide you with the next troubleshooting step.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you have any difficulties or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.

Kind Regards,
Todd

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my phone screen says like this: this device is locked.please contact the owner (me) [email protected] to return the device.

device locked for security reasons:unable to connect the server. if you have forgotten your pin please contact http://service.mcafee.com (which i did)

Magine,

Seems that you open question on the wrong website. We are JustAnswer.com and we are not connected with McAfee.com

JustAnswer is a purported online expert question and answer website that connects visitors with verified experts in several categories including medical, legal, automotive, veterinary, and tech support.

Because McAfee and JustAnswer.com are two different service I don't have permission to enter their database, so I can't send you temporary PIN code but only with information.

Here is a link where you need to send request for temporary PIN code - click here

I hope that information I have provided you with will be helpful, so please don't punish me by giving me negative rating.
Use the link below to request refund: click here

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your help.i been in touch with the mcafee but they cant sort it out they need my phones IMIE. im trying to look for my phone box but i cant find it,its been a year and two months since i have had this phone.

You're welcome Magine.

To obtain IMEI number, tap "Emergency Dial" and type *#06# XXXXX your IMEI number (15 numbers) should be displayed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi,still doesnt working. :( do you think if i go to the technician in here,is it possible my phone would work again?

There is one more trick to obtain IMEI number if the previous procedure doesn't work.

1. Detach the cover of the micro SIM card slot.
2. Place a fingernail under the right or left edge of the label tray, then drag the tray outwards to view your IMEI number.

Probably yes, technician with phone unlocking knowledge can unlock it in 30 minutes. But, the best way to unlock your phone will be to reset McAfee PIN. All other ways to unlock the phone will delete all your data from internal memory (software needs to be changed).

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information. I'll be happy to provide you with more help.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for you help. i will go to the technician tomorrow as i cant get my phone working.

You're welcome. I'm glad if I could help.

If McAfee can't unlock your phone, the only way to unlock your phone is to "reload software" on your phone. That's complicated procedure, but if you want to give it a try I can provide you with information how to do that. If you feel uncomfortable to try it yourself (one mistake can "brick" your phone) it's better to visit tech.

If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

Thanks for using our service.

Best Regards,
Todd
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience: Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.