Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

How do I clear memory on Samsung Galaxy GT-s5830 - memory full

How do I clear memory on Samsung Galaxy GT-s5830 - memory full message constantly appears & phone will not store text messages. Have cleared SD card but no luck
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

You need to clear the internal memory, not the SD Card as this is what it is complaining about.

To do this, go to Settings, Applications.

The first step is to go through each application, press on it and press on Move to SD if they have this option available (not all apps do).

Once done, check and see if it now has enough free space.

If it does not, then you will need to go through the Apps and uninstall a number of them to free up the space needed. You can uninstall 1 by 1 and check if enough space has been freed up.

Once done, press the power button and choose Power off, then power on the phone to free any unused memory.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks - job done

Stuart

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome Stuart

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces below, that would be greatly appreciated.