Richard, Android Engineer
Experience:  Android Systems Specialist
32989067

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 not charging up

Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 not charging up
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Is it still turning on?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It does, but I have to keep changing fuse. When I change fuse, the charger icon only lights ups 1/4 way up the battery scale. I have given up for fear of causing damage.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Can you go to Settings, Applications.

Look under the list ALL for GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK

Press it and press Clear Data

Once done, restart the Tab and tell me if it now charges please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hang on , just about to follow your instructions, I am using my laptop at present. went to attempt to put on tablet after a week of leaving the poor thing alone gathering dust...and lo and behold it is charging!

What is going on with it? should I just return to factory settings once it has fully charged?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I would do my instructions Teresa, the firmware is corrupted, and you start with my last instructions.

then if you have the problem again, you will need to do the Factory Reset, but 9 times out of 10 the initial instructions I gave you resolves this problem.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nope, Im lost...applications manager? not very good with IT sorry

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thats ok,

go to Settings, and there you will see wither Applications or Applications Manager Teresa.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I see applications manager, and a whole heap of stuff in there that have appeared from in the last month that I have not accepted...automated updates from google?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, in Applications Manager, you need to swipe so you see the list ALL

Then under ALL you will see Google Services Framework.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

aha found it. whats next oh clever one?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
haha :)

You press it and now press Clear Data

Then restart the Tab and it should now be fine.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Perfect, battery icon perfect, everything back just as it should be...wow...thank you Richard, what a life saver. You will never know what a difference that little gadget made to my life, disabled and partially sighted...me not it Smile

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome Teresa!

Really glad I got you up and running again.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Richard, Android Engineer
Experience: Android Systems Specialist