Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

HiMy samsung ace plus has frozen and screen says GT-S7500

Customer Question

Hi My samsung ace plus has frozen and screen says GT-S7500 . Was making funny buzzy noises but that's now stopped. Have tried holding down no/0ff key at same time as menu key. Started to go off but then frozen again. Cheers Tracy

Tried it again screen went black then buzzing whilst buttons held, released and same thing still frozen

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

First of all sorry for the late response. I just logged in and found your question on the questions list.

When did you purchase your cell phone?

Did you create backup of your files recently?

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I think it's about 14 months old..am on contract for 2 years. No back up because I don't know how! Though my contacts I saved to sim.

I phoned virgin who say I need to return it for repair. Tried hard reboot also didn't work . Now it just buzzes if I try turning it on and the samsung .com thing comes up and then goes off leaving a blank screen again

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for your reply.

If hard reboot doesn't help I agree with Virgin's technician that phone needs to be replaced. This issue sounds like corrupted software on your phone.

Just to be sure, what was the exact procedure you performed to "hard reboot" your phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I turned the phone off removed battery then replaced.

Thank you for additional information Tracy.

That's actually procedure we call "soft reset/reboot".

Troubleshooting step that can help in this situation is to perform "hard reset". Performing a hard reset will DELETE ALL DATA and reset the phone back to the state before you turned on the phone for the first time. Resetting the phone does not erase any system software updates you have downloaded or any files on your SD memory card, such as music or photos. Contacts are by default stored on SIM card and if you didn't change default storage your contacts will be safe.

To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps:
1. Turn the power off. Remove and replace battery.
2. Press and Hold Volume Up, Volume Down, Home (center button) and Power up at the same time.
3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset". Confirm using Home button.
6. Select "Yes -- delete all user data". Confirm using Home button.
* Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select "reboot system now". Confirm using Home button.
* Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

If you prefer video instruction please check the link below - click here

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any difficulties. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.

If you have any difficulties or this solution doesn't help please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with more help.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi sorry

Just got the additional info!!

Tried holding down all keys got a brief samsung thing come up then went off and blank screen again. What if my battery is now dead cos it was low last night... would that make a difference.

Desperate to get it working ..on holiday next week and need phone

Yes, if your battery is depleted you will not be able to perform hard reset. Battery needs to be at least 55% charged.

Are you able to charge battery on your phone? Is there any sign of life when you connect charger to your phone?

If yes, please leave you phone on charge for minimum 2 hours. When done, try to perform procedure below. No rush, take your time. I'll be waiting for your reply and happy to provide more information if needed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks for that. I've plugged it in and battery symbol comes on and is completely dead! Praying the hard re boot later works.

cheers

You're welcome Tracy.

Please let me know the results. I'll be online waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Todd

battery virtually 100% now. I pressed on button and i am back to square one. frozen on GT-S7500 on screen. Have tried pressing on/off to turn off but not turning off. Do I take out battery with this message on screen?

Tried again pressing off key..went off for few seconds with buzz noise then same..GT-S7500 re appeared and stuck on that.

Hi Tracy,

Let's try to perform hard reset procedure now. Here is a copy of instruction how to perform it.

2. Press and Hold Volume UP, Volume DOWN, Home and Power button at the same time.

Video instruction - click here

Please keep me updated.

Regards,

Todd

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure if you read my reply correctly.

I can't turn off phone. when i press on /off switch . battery fell out when had the message samsung gt-s7500 so I tried to do what you asked. got a flicker of hope with some bright green writing and word menu but then buzzed and went off.

Does it matter that the phone might of been on when battery fell out?

It's clear now, I thought that you didn't try hard reset, my bad.

Because hard reset procedure doesn't help (the most important troubleshooting step) I have good and bad news for you (please don't shoot the messenger).

Bad news is that your phone is defective (defective motherboard).

Good news is that this kind of issue is under warranty, so if your phone is still under warranty you should receive a new phone for free.

Sorry I could not be of any more assistance, but there is a hardware issue that can't be resolved online.

If you are not satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record (very damaging for me). Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button (just reply "Please refund my deposit") and I'll connect you with our refund office (your deposit will be refunded).

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Todd and for your help

"please refund my deposit"

Would like to rate you well, can I still do this and get refund? Or will I be charged if I rate you first?

cheers Tracy

Thank you Tracy, I'm sorry your problem could not be solved.

If you rate me first, you will be charged, but when you ask for refund your rate and payment will be taken off my record. It only counts for me if you stay charged, but thank you for wishing to rate me well anyway, I appreciate it.

To request a refund, please click the following link: click here
The charge was for the deposit. The deposit remains in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Thank you for using our service.

Kind Regards,
Todd