Hi My samsung ace plus has frozen and screen says GT-S7500 . Was making funny buzzy noises but that's now stopped. Have tried holding down no/0ff key at same time as menu key. Started to go off but then frozen again. Cheers Tracy
Tried it again screen went black then buzzing whilst buttons held, released and same thing still frozen
I think it's about 14 months old..am on contract for 2 years. No back up because I don't know how! Though my contacts I saved to sim.
I phoned virgin who say I need to return it for repair. Tried hard reboot also didn't work . Now it just buzzes if I try turning it on and the samsung .com thing comes up and then goes off leaving a blank screen again
I turned the phone off removed battery then replaced.
Just got the additional info!!
Tried holding down all keys got a brief samsung thing come up then went off and blank screen again. What if my battery is now dead cos it was low last night... would that make a difference.
Desperate to get it working ..on holiday next week and need phone
Ok thanks for that. I've plugged it in and battery symbol comes on and is completely dead! Praying the hard re boot later works.
battery virtually 100% now. I pressed on button and i am back to square one. frozen on GT-S7500 on screen. Have tried pressing on/off to turn off but not turning off. Do I take out battery with this message on screen?
Tried again pressing off key..went off for few seconds with buzz noise then same..GT-S7500 re appeared and stuck on that.
Let's try to perform hard reset procedure now. Here is a copy of instruction how to perform it.
To perform factory/hard reset please follow those steps:
1. Turn the power off. Remove and replace battery.
2. Press and Hold Volume UP, Volume DOWN, Home and Power button at the same time.
3. When the start up screen show, release all the buttons.
4. Use the Volume Up/Down button to navigate to "wipe data/factory reset"
5. Select "wipe data/factory reset". Confirm using Home button.
6. Select "Yes -- delete all user data". Confirm using Home button.
* Allow several minutes for the factory data reset process to complete.
7. Select "reboot system now". Confirm using Home button.
* Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
Video instruction - click here
Please keep me updated.
Not sure if you read my reply correctly.
I can't turn off phone. when i press on /off switch . battery fell out when had the message samsung gt-s7500 so I tried to do what you asked. got a flicker of hope with some bright green writing and word menu but then buzzed and went off.
Does it matter that the phone might of been on when battery fell out?
Thanks Todd and for your help
"please refund my deposit"
Would like to rate you well, can I still do this and get refund? Or will I be charged if I rate you first?