Waitongu2
Waitongu2, Technician
Experience:  Member xda dev Samsung forums, owner 2 Galaxy S Gingerbread Root.
64043135

I have a galaxy s2 gt19100 bought Dec 2011.When I take the

I have a galaxy s2 gt19100 bought Dec 2011. When I take the battery out I lose the date and time. what should I do ?

NB it goes back to Jan 1 2000

Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 3 years ago.
This is most likely because your carrier does not run time service. yo can download some apps that will do this for you. Try an app called clocksync on the market. It will sync your phone to the atomic clock. Its pretty cool.
I hoe this works for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But this in no way explains why my Galaxy no longer does what it did do for the last couple of years. Surely there should be some sort of back up power which maintains the information while I change the battery, which I have to do every day.

I looked up Clocksync it says it needs a ''Root'' I have no idea what that means.

Expert:  Waitongu2 replied 3 years ago.
Rob,
These devices have a CMOS battery that keeps the internal clock powered. unfortunately i do now know a cost effective way to replace it. They usually run out in 3- 5 or so years. This is the part number you are looking for PART:0801-003024

This is a site you can get all the part numbers for your phone.

https://samsungonderdelen.com/english-samsung-galaxy-s2-onderdelen-nederlands.htm

i hope this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ah well that would very likely be the problem.

Thank you for the info.

I will now approve payment