Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

my samsung galaxy s3 phone is not turning on what shall i

Customer Question

my samsung galaxy s3 phone is not turning on what shall i do
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

Was the phone dropped?

Do you hear any sound when you removed the battery and turn phone on?

When connect charger, does your phone show any light?

When and where did you purchase your phone?

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi

the phone was not dropped

i didnot hear any sound when i took the battery out and tried to turn it on

the phone does not any light when i charge it

i purchased it in 2013 from asda

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Thanks so much for your info and reply.

Please do the followings:

First test your phone with another USB charge cable. Connect to the wall and connect to computer for 10 minutes each time. See if your phone will charge and show the battery being charged.

If not wor*****, *****ng your phone to a local phone shop and ask to test with another battery. See if another working battery will boot your phone up or not.

Still not working? We are having hardware issue. You will need to contact Samsung Support and ask to have your phone to be repaired IF YOUR PHONE IS UNDER A YEAR OLD. Otherwise, a local phone repair shop can test and find out which part of the phone is faulty. Could be a charging port or the bad system board.

I have been working with Galaxy S3 phones for a while. Those are the steps we need to take in order to find out what is wrong with the phone. Sometimes it could be just a bad USB cable or battery.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. Otherwise, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi which other usb chargers can i use to check if the phone charges or not

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
As long as you get the USB cable with micro USB end or a wall charger (same as your right now), it will work. Best to bring your phone to a phone shop or phone repair shop. They should have another charger to test your phone with.

Next is to ask to test with another battery.

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can i go into any local phone shop to get the phone checked out

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Sure you can. Just first ask to test with another phone charger. If still not charging your phone, ask to test with a battery. Still having problem? Have to go to a phone repair shop so they can test and replace faulty parts.

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can i go into any phone repair shop because i contacted carphone warehouse and they said they could not repair the phone because i have lost the reciept and asda have only 1 year guartnee for their phones which i have gone over

which other phone repair shop can i go to get it repaired?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
You can go to any local phone repair shop to have your phone checked and repaired. Just ask them what is wrong and how much.

You might want to check 2-3 different places if one says system board is faulty to make sure it is the correct fault.

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

which other battery can i try in the samsung phone?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
I mean test your phone first with another WORKING charger. If that works, the problem is with the charger. You buy a charger.

Not working? Test with a WORKING battery. It that works, the old battery is faulty. You can just buy a NEW battery.

Otherwise, a charge port needs to be replaced or a system board is bad. This is more serious and needs repairs. The cost could be $40-$60 for charge port and $100-$140 for system board.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does the battery have to be a samsung one or any phone one?

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
The battery needs to be Samsung. However, it is not that expensive. Around $10-$20.

Nick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou for the support

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
You are much welcomed. Have a great day!

Nick