Ashik
Ashik, Android Tech
Experience:  Personal Experience with many Android devices and versions
16433418

If a purchase a Samsung galaxy 5 in the Uk to take to Egypt

If a purchase a Samsung galaxy 5 in the Uk to take to Egypt where I am employed will I have to change the sim card so that I can use the Egyptian network or am I asking a daft question?
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Yes. If you don't change the SIM card you will probably get charged for roaming. Roaming charges are very costly. So it is always better to use national SIM or the sim of that particular country.

Also, make sure you buy the International version or GSM Factory Unlocked version of Galaxy S5 i.e the one without contract. So you can use it on Egypt. I'd recommend to buy it directly from Samsung instead of from carriers.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.