Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you
Unfortunately if you forgot the password ***** the only way to get access would be to reset the phone
any data stored on sd card will not be erased but whetever is there on phone memory will get formatted
here are the steps that you need to follow
1. Power the device off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key simultaneously to power on the device.
3. Release the Volume Up key and the Power key when the Samsung logo displays on the screen.
4. Use the Volume keys to select Recovery Console then press the Power key.
5. From the Recovery Console screen, use the Volume keys to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset then press the Power key.
6. Use the Volume keys to select Yes then press the Power key.
7. Once the Factory Reset has completed, use the Volume keys to select Reboot System Now then press the Power key.
8. The Phone will need to go back through the activation and setup process.
let me know if you face any difficulty or have any questions
which is the volume up side
the volume up key on your phone
the button you press to increase the volume on your phone
would be on the side edges
which is the up side of the key
you can press the button from top and bottom
press it from top
I do not get the Samsung Logo, I get a notice asking if I wish to download another softwear, it does not stay on long enough to read it all, then moves on to the opening screen with keyboard for password!
have a look at this video
this might help
Will do but first I have got a choice on screen now. It is headed System Recovery and presently highlighting REBOOT SYSTEM NOW'. should I use this, Sorry to be so slow
ok so on the system recovery screen the only option you have is to reboot system
is that correct
and is it showing any progress bar
then what is there on your screen now
1 Apply Update from ADB. 2 Apply update from external storage 3. Wipe data/factory reset. 4 wipe cash partition. 5 apply update from cash
select wipe data factory reset
Sorry the first option is reboot system
no select the wipe data factory reset option
Ok will do
let me know the status once done