michelleclive
michelleclive, Other
Experience:  Have worked on android application development and software.
26798893

I have forgotten the screen password ***** my Galaxy Tab2 10.1

I have forgotten the screen password ***** my Galaxy Tab2 10.1 and cannot open the tablet
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
michelleclive :

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

michelleclive :

Unfortunately if you forgot the password ***** the only way to get access would be to reset the phone

michelleclive :

any data stored on sd card will not be erased but whetever is there on phone memory will get formatted

michelleclive :

here are the steps that you need to follow

michelleclive :

1. Power the device off.

2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power key simultaneously to power on the device.

3. Release the Volume Up key and the Power key when the Samsung logo displays on the screen.

4. Use the Volume keys to select Recovery Console then press the Power key.

5. From the Recovery Console screen, use the Volume keys to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset then press the Power key.

6. Use the Volume keys to select Yes then press the Power key.

7. Once the Factory Reset has completed, use the Volume keys to select Reboot System Now then press the Power key.

8. The Phone will need to go back through the activation and setup process.

michelleclive :

let me know if you face any difficulty or have any questions

Customer:

which is the volume up side

michelleclive :

the volume up key on your phone

michelleclive :

the button you press to increase the volume on your phone

michelleclive :

would be on the side edges

Customer:

which is the up side of the key

michelleclive :

you can press the button from top and bottom

michelleclive :

press it from top

Customer:

I do not get the Samsung Logo, I get a notice asking if I wish to download another softwear, it does not stay on long enough to read it all, then moves on to the opening screen with keyboard for password!

michelleclive :

have a look at this video

michelleclive :

this might help

Customer:

Will do but first I have got a choice on screen now. It is headed System Recovery and presently highlighting REBOOT SYSTEM NOW'. should I use this, Sorry to be so slow

michelleclive :

ok so on the system recovery screen the only option you have is to reboot system

michelleclive :

is that correct

Customer:

No

michelleclive :

and is it showing any progress bar

michelleclive :

then what is there on your screen now

Customer:

1 Apply Update from ADB. 2 Apply update from external storage 3. Wipe data/factory reset. 4 wipe cash partition. 5 apply update from cash

michelleclive :

select wipe data factory reset

Customer:

Sorry the first option is reboot system

michelleclive :

no select the wipe data factory reset option

Customer:

Ok will do

michelleclive :

ok

michelleclive :

let me know the status once done

michelleclive, Other
Experience: Have worked on android application development and software.