Nick H.
Nick H., Android Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Android Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

My samsung tab 8 has stopped working. It will not charge and

Customer Question

My samsung tab 8 has stopped working. It will not charge and shows no signs of life. I use it every day. I bought it on a sale through asda a month or two ago.
Category: Android Devices
Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is Nick and I will help you today.

Please try this reset:

Press Power button and hold it for 30 seconds. Connect your tablet to charger for 10 minutes. Press and hold Volume Up + Power for 15-30 seconds. See if your tablet will come up.

If that did not work, while connecting to charger, press Power and Volume Up again for 60 seconds. Wait for 10 minutes. Press Power and Volume Up for 15 seconds to turn on.

All failed? This could be a faulty battery or charge port. You first should contact the seller and ask for replacement. Otherwise, bring your tablet to a local phone / tablet repair shop so they can remove the battery and put it back. Test battery and try to turn tablet on.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Nick

I tried holding down the power button and it worked

I have not had time to check it out but expect all will be ok now.

When trying to register with your organisation I had problems because when I verified my email address it said 'someone is already registered with that address. - yes me!

Anyhow it did not stop me getting advice.

Fred

Expert:  Nick H. replied 3 years ago.
Fred,

That is excellent. You do not need to register again. Just sign in with your email address and password. If you forgot password, just reset it.

Please rate my answer so I can get credit. Thank you!

Nick